Williams F1 - Toto Wolff - shareholder & board member
Toto Wolff is a new Williams F1 shareholder & board member Oxford. Frank Williams and Patrick Head announced today that they have sold a minority interest in Williams Grand Prix Engineering Limited (Williams F1) to an investment company led by Austrian investor Toto Wolff. Mr Wolff also joins the company’s Board.
Biography: Christian Wolff Nationality Austrian Date of Birth 12 January 1972 Place of Birth Vienna, Austria Lives Mannenbach Salenstein, Switzerland Languages German, English, French, Polish & Italian
2004 Founded Marchsixteen Investments
1998 Founded venture capital firm, Marchfifteen (Marchfifteen was among the first venture capital companies in central Europe focused on early stage technology financings with offices in Vienna, Berlin, Zürich, Warsaw and Tel Aviv)
1994 -1996 Assistant Sales Director, Koloman Handler AG, Austria
1990 -1994 Vienna University of Economics
1990 Baccalauréat at Lycée Français de Vienna Investments of Marchfifteen and Marchsixteen since
1998 have included:
• UCP: Co- financed by T-Mobile in 2000 in one of Austria's largest ever private equity transactions. After re-purchasing the company and merging it with Q-pass, UCP was sold to US group Amdocs (NYSE: DOX) in 2006 at a value of US$ 275 million.
• JoWood Software Production: Seed financing, first financing round and IPO were all led or structured by Marchfifteen. • Solve Direct: After several financing rounds, Solve Direct was sold to Brainforce, a Vienna listed software group.
• Sysis: Marchfifteen organised the first round of financing and then played a major role in its stock exchange listing in 2000. Sysis was subsequently merged and sold for over US$ 50 million to US group VeriSign.
• HWA AG: HWA builds and races Mercedes C-Class cars in the German Touring Car Championship (DTM) for Daimler AG and produces Mercedes Formula 3 engines and customised vehicles. HWA successfully listed on the Frankfurt Stock exchange in 2007.
• Fatfoogoo: Following seed financing by Marchsixteen in 2007 and investment by private equity group Gamma Capital Partners, the company was acquired by Digital River in 2008 (NYSE:DRIV).
• Baumschlager Rallye Racing: BRR is among the largest rally parts sellers in Europe and runs the Red Bull Rally Junior Programme. The team won the Production World Championship title in 2008.
• Swissies: Swissies is a market pioneer in revolutionary and healthy children’s shoes. After the founders’ seed financing, Marchsixteen led the first round of private equity financing.
• Since 2002, Christian Wolff has been involved in the management of upcoming racing drivers and co-owns a management company with Mika Häkkinen
2006 Austrian Rally Championship runner up and winner of the Dubai 24hr
2004 FIA GT Championship with Karl Wendlinger
2003 Race winner in the Italian GT/ GT1 Class
2002 FIA NGT World Championship, 6th
2001 European Endurance Touring Car Series runner-up, winner of the 6hr A1 Ring, winner of the 6hr Misano, winner of the 6hr Brno
1994 German / Austrian Formula Ford Championship, Class Winner 24hr Nürburgring
1993 German / Austrian Formula Ford Championship 1992 Austrian Formula Ford Championship.